Putting Campus Saftey First
Education professionals want their students to learn and grow in a safe environment. However, college campuses can often be plagued by dangerous situations and violence
Covered in this Guide:
- The Clery Act, that mandates that universities provide timely warnings and emergency notifications to students and staff.
- Inherent obstacles such as the number of students that need to be tracked, keeping campuses open to a learning environment and at the same time secure for safety reasons, existing campus structures and systems that may be outdated.
- Improving visitor management systems
- Addressing outdated surveillance and communication technologies
- Assessing dangerous scenarios heightens the risk for campus incidents such as drug and alcohol abuse, sporting events and individuals walking through campus alone.
If you are involved in a university or college safety, download this free Campus Safety Guide to learn more about examining your current safety practices and utilizing best practices and technologies
to keep your campus safe.